The Jim W. Davidson Scholarship Award has been established to assist young people in pursuing their educational goals.
Jim W. Davidson Scholarship
application Form BELOW
- This $2,000 yearly scholarship is made available through a generous fund established by Jim W. Davidson, Northern Secondary School alumnus who recognizes his Northern Secondary school experience as memorable and rewarding.
- The scholarship will be awarded to one student in a final year of high school who demonstrates financial need towards pursuing a post secondary school education, which would include university or community college. Students will need to complete an application to demonstrate need.
- Applicants must have earned an overall B average in their final year of attendance at Northern.
- Applicants should also demonstrate integrity of character, interest in and respect for others, with the ability to lead, and the energy to use their talents to the full.
- Preference would be given to students who have been involved in extra-curricular school related activities. The scholarship would be administered through the Northern Secondary School Foundation.
- The awarded recipient’s bio will be reviewed by Jim W. Davidson.
- Students can apply via the application form or recipient’s name can be forwarded from any staff member via completion of the application form.